|Running for Louisiana Secretary of State|
|General election||November 19, 2011|
|Louisiana House Of Representatives District 86|
|January 9, 2012|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $152/per day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 17, 2007|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Profession||Investment Banker/Real Estate Developer|
Tucker is an investment banker and real estate developer.
He is Chairman of the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation, and a member of the Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation and the Orleans Delegation.
In May 2011, Governing Magazine named Tucker one of 17 "GOP Legislators to Watch." Each of the legislators was selected on the basis of qualities like leadership, ambition, and political potential.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Tucker has been appointed to the following committees:
Tucker announced on August 8, 2011 that he would run for Louisiana Secretary of State in the 2011 Louisiana statewide elections. Tucker will face Republican incumbent Tom Schedler in the October 22 open primary.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 86 (2007)|
|Jim Tucker (R)||N/A|
In 2007, a year in which Tucker was up for election, he collected $149,115 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana House of Representative||$8,440|
|Louisiana State Farm Agents||$5,000|
|Louisiana Medical Association||$4,000|
|Louisiana Dental Association||$3,500|
- Secretary of State campaign website
- Louisiana House of Representatives - Rep. Jim Tucker
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Tucker
- Governing, "GOP Legislators to Watch," May 24, 2011
- BayouBuzz.com, "Jim Tucker To Announce Louisiana Secretary of State Run Today," August 8, 2011.
- Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 86
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |