|Arizona State Senate District 7|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
resigned January 28, 2010
Waring resigned his seat on January 28, 2010 to run for the U.S. House seat vacated by Rep. John Shadegg.
Waring earned his BS in Political Science from Northern Illinois University in 1990. He went on to earn his MA in Political Science from Arizona State University in 1992. He then earned his MPA at Arizona State University in 1994. In 1998 he earned his PhD in Public Administration from Arizona State University.
Waring's only political experience is his election to the Arizona State Senate in 2003. He represented the 7th district until his resignation in January 2010.
- Finance Committee, Arizona Senate Chairperson
- Government Institutions Committee, Arizona Senate
- Public Safety and Human Services Committee, Arizona Senate Vice Chairperson
See Jim Waring's official website for information on sponsored legislation.
- Official Arizona State Senate website of Senator Jim Waring
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002
- Sen. Waring on State Surge