For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Jim Watson (Illinois)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 97|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||14|
|Per diem||$132/per session day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Illinois University|
|Master's||Eastern Illinois University|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Date of birth||July 30, 1965|
|Place of birth||Jerseyville, IL|
Watson earned his MBA from the University of Illinois, and MA & BA from Eastern Illinois University.
He is a businessman, has worked as a teacher, and served in the United States Marine Corps.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Watson has been appointed to the following committees:
- Veterans' Affairs, Ranking Minority Member
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Watson served on the following committees:
- Access to Federal Funding (Chair)
- Elementary & Secondary Education
- Environment & Energy
- Financial Institutions
- Insurance (Ranking Minority Member)
- Medicaid Reform, Family & Children
- Veterans' Affairs
Watson is running for re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. Due to redistricting, Watson is running for election in the 100th District. He was unopposed in the Republican Primary on March 20, 2012, and is unopposed in the November 6 general election as well.
Watson won re-election to the 97th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 97 (2010)|
|Jim Watson (R)||30,398||100.0%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 97 (2008)|
|Jim Watson (R)||39,659|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 97 (2006)|
|Jim Watson (R)||29,718|
In 2010, Watson collected $408,362 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Watson (Illinois)'s campaign in 2010|
|Bruner, James P||$37,500|
|Illinois Education Association||$35,500|
|Wagner Seed & Supply Co||$16,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$408,362|
In 2008, Watson collected $245,597 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$15,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$6,350|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$5,000|
|Illinois Petroleum Marketers Assocaition||$3,250|
- Jim Watson official website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Jim Watson (R) 97th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Watson
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Watson Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |