|Virginia House of Delegates District 72|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Private Equity Investor|
He won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Massie is a private equity investor, and a founder of the Merchant Banking Firm.
Delegate Massie speaking about unions
On his official website Massie lists his views on a number of issues:
- Improving schools - "supports an education plan to require that at least 65% of the state education budget is spent on direct instructional classroom services...This plan would increase classroom spending in Virginia by $393 million dollars a year without raising taxes." Also supports merit based pay and bonuses.
- Lower Taxes and Spending - Massie pledges to be "a voice for fiscal discipline and will propose ways to reduce wasteful spending."
- Fighting Crime - Massie "will work to pass tough anti-crime laws that keep violent criminals where they belong - behind bars."
- Traditional Values - "He was a leader in the movement to pass the marriage amendment to the Virginia Constitution which guarantees that Virginia will only recognize marriage as between one man and one woman."
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #3
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Higher Education and Arts Subcommittee
- HB 1966 Business Assistance, Department of; eliminates Department & transfers its duties.
- HB 1967 Taxpayer Surplus Relief Fund; established to provide tax relief.
- HB 1969 Administrative Process Act; required review of feasibility of electronic submission. 
In 2009, Massie was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 72 (2009)|
|Jimmie Massie (R)||20,058|
The top 5 donors to Massie's 2009 campaign:
|James P. Massey III||$50,000|
|Richmond Realtors Association||$4,500|
|CB Robertson III||$4,000|
- Delegate Jimmie Massie official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Jimmie Massie
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 72
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |