For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Arkansas State Senate District 11|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hickey served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Transportation, Technology and Legislative Affairs|
|• State Agencies and Governmental Affairs|
|• Joint Performance Review|
|• Legislative Joint Auditing|
Hickey ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas Senate, District 11. Hickey ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated incumbent Steve Harrelson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jimmy Hickey, Jr.||52.5%||14,510|
|Democratic||Steve Harrelson Incumbent||47.5%||13,148|
Comprehensive donor information for Hickey is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hickey raised a total of $123,406 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 6, 2013.
|Jimmy Hickey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State Senate, District 11||$123,406|
|Grand Total Raised||$123,406|
2012Hickey won election to the Arkansas State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hickey raised a total of $123,406.
|Arkansas State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jimmy Hickey's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$4,000|
|Dbh Management Consultants||$4,000|
|Arkansas Republican Party||$2,500|
|Allen, Lisa M||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$123,406|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
- Arkansas State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jimmy Hickey on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Hickey Jr, Jimmy," accessed August 6, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
Robert Thompson (D)
|Arkansas State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|