Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 98|
Brausch's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We need public education in this country. I am deeply concerned about the future of our kids' education."
Small Business Help
- Excerpt:"Small businesses need help to succeed because they are the job creation engines for our small towns. Our current state government has done a great job helping large corporations but small businesses with 2, 10 and 25 employees are what keep our small towns alive and lively."
Funding Infrastructure and the Gas Tax
- Excerpt:"I support raising the gas tax – say a penny a year. That way, both residents and tourists help bear the cost of paying for road repairs."
- Excerpt:"It is a human right to love and be loved. Having friends who are gay and lesbian, I know that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are people who love and want to be loved, who want to live ordinary, productive lives just like everyone else."
- Excerpt:"People who hunt should be able to have the necessary weapons they need for hunting. However, I would hope that, for the safety of all citizens, that we make sure that everyone using a gun has been trained to use that gun and has a permit to use that weapon."
Brausch ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 98. She ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Jim Stamas (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 98, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Stamas Incumbent||58.9%||25,003|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joan + Brausch + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |