For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 52|
|1997 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||18|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 1997|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Brooklyn College, 1962|
|Master's||Pratt Institute 1974|
|Date of birth||06/20/1940|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Millman's professional experiences include facilitator; elementary school teacher; school librarian; and educational consultant.
Millman earned her BA from Brooklyn College, MS in library science from Pratt Institute; and professional diploma from Long Island University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Millman served on the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Millman served on the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Millman ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 52. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He defeated John R. Nijhawan in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Joan Millman Incumbent||92.9%||49,265|
|Republican||John R. Nijhawan||7.1%||3,747|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Millman defeated Douglas Biviano in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated John Jasilli (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she ran on the Working Familes
|New York State Assembly, District 52 2010|
|Joan Millman (D)||31,441|
|John Jasilli (D)||3,292|
On November 4, 2008 Millman won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 52, defeating opponent Pedro Monge (R).
Millman raised $54,968 for his campaign while Monge raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 52 2008|
|Joan Millman (D)||47,704|
|Pedro Monge (R)||4,272|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Millman received $94,614 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joan Millman's campaign in 2010|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$7,600|
|Corrrection Officers Benevolent Asooc PAC||$2,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,175|
|Levy, Norman A||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$94,614|
In 2008, a year in which Millman was up for re-election, she collected $54,968 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State United Teachers||$2,100|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$1,500|
|Russian American Kids Circus on Stage Inc||$1,500|
|Six individual donations each of:||$1,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Joan Millman
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Millman
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Joan Millman
|New York Assembly District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |