|New York State Assembly District 52|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Millman's professional experiences include facilitator; elementary school teacher; school librarian; and educational consultant.
Millman earned her BA from Brooklyn College, MS in library science from Pratt Institute; and professional diploma from Long Island University.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Millman defeated in the September 14 Democratic primary. She faces John Jasili (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she is running on the Working Familes
On November 4, 2008 Millman won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 52, defeating opponent Pedro Monge (R).
Millman raised $54,968 for his campaign while Monge raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 52 2008|
|Joan Millman (D)||47,704|
|Pedro Monge (R)||4,272|
In 2008, a year in which Millman was up for re-election, she collected $54,968 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State United Teachers||$2,100|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$1,500|
|Russian American Kids Circus on Stage Inc||$1,500|
|Six individual donations each of:||$1,000|
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Joan Millman
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 52
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||