|Vermont House Of Representatives, Rutland 7|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Acinapura served as Selectman from 1991 to 1993 and as Chair of the Brandon Select Board from 1991 to 1992. He was a candidate for the Vermont State Senate in 1996 but was not elected. He then served as Chair of the Vermont Republican Party from 2003 to 2004.
Acinapura was a High School Teacher from 1960 to 1961. He then served in the United States Army from 1961 to 1989. From 1992 to 1997, he was a professor at the College of St. Joseph. He then coached Supervisory Union Basketball at Rutland Northeast from 2000 to 2005. Acinapura also worked as a Auditor for the Brandon Fire District from 2003 to 2005. In 2005 he was Chair of the Vermont Parole Board for the State of Vermont.
Acinapura earned his BA from Rutgers University in 1960. He went on to receive his MA from the University of Colorado in 1970.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Acinapura served on these committees:
- Appropriations, Clerk
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Acinapura served on these committees:
In 2010, a year in which Acinapura was up for election, he collected $572 in donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + Acinapura + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Acinapura and his wife, Lois, have two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 1998, 1996
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- Vermonet Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- 2010 campaign contributions