Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly District 16|
|Master's||Seton Hall University|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Camarota serves as a South Brunswick Township Councilman. He earned his B.A. in political science and psychology from Upsala College and his Masters in education from Seton Hall University.
Camarota was a candidate for District 16 of the New Jersey General Assembly. He was defeated in the November 8 general election. Camarota and Marie Corfield ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary. Peter Biondi and Jack Ciattarelli ran unopposed in the Republican primary.
District 16 was also significantly reshaped in 2011, moving its population center away from Somerset County. All of the Republican candidates (two incumbents and one challenger) are from the Somerset area. However, NJSpotlight notes that despite these changes and balanced partisan registration, the Democratic ticket was not very familiar to voters.
Camarota was endorsed by:
Camarota and his wife, Charlotte, have three children.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 16," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 16," October 12, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |