Florida State Senate, District 33
Celestin, an engineer and architect by profession, served two terms as mayor of the City of North Miami Florida. In addition to serving as mayor, he also served on the governing boards of the Miami Dade County Metropolitan Planning Organization and the Tennethealth and Hospital Corp. Celestin also served on the City Finance and Budget Review Committee for Miami and served as Chairman of the North Miami Board of Adjustment. Celestin has four children.
Celestin's 2011 special election campaign site outlines his platform:
- Provide incentives to major corporations to relocate in the district to foster job creation: "Provide needed infrastructure to attract businesses to the District. Identify Federal funding to help Florida small businesses."
- Community re-entry program: "Support rehabilitated offender job training and opportunities. Assisted child care and after school programs for low income families."
- Medicaid reform: "I strongly support Medicaid reform."
- Focus on improving the public education system: "Support state funding for public libraries."
- Identify federal grants to build and rebuild parks and recreation in our district spend it where they send it program: "County should spend mandated funds identified for the District in the District. Weed & Seed, Community Development Block Grant and any other designated funds should be spent where intended in our District."
- Affordable housing: "Force delivery of promised affordable housing in the District to comply with federal guidelines."
140135 NW 7th Avenue
Miami, FL 33168
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Joe@joecelestin.com
Campaign Manager: email@example.com
Phone: (786) 237-1504