For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 4|
|1990 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||4|
|Date of birth||12/12/1931|
|Place of birth||Washington County, VA|
Johnson's professional experience includes serving as a Substitute Judge for the Twenty-eighth General District Court from 1971 to 1989. He served in the United States Air Force from 1951 to 1955. 
In the 2012-2013 session, Johnson served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Johnson served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #3
- Joint Rules
- HB 1821 Concealed handguns; prohibited from carrying onto premises of restaurants and consuming alcohol.
- HB 1822 Handguns; exempts permit holders from prohibition against carrying onto school property.
- HB 2005 Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB 2559 Homestead exemption; increases for householders who are 65 years of age or older.
On November 3, 2009, Johnson won re-election to the 4th District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Johnson raised $17,844 for his campaign. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 4 (2009)|
|Joseph P Johnson Jr (D)||12,967||97.5%|
In 2011, Johnson received $20,975 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Johnson's campaign in 2011|
|Alpha Resource Services LLC||$6,000|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$1,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$20,975|
The top 5 donors to Johnson's 2009 campaign:
|Alpha Natural Resources||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$1,500|
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 4
| Succeeded by|
A. Benton Chafin (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |