Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 4|
|1990 - Present|
|Years in position||25|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||4|
|Date of birth||12/12/1931|
|Place of birth||Washington County, VA|
Prior to his election to the House, Johnson served as a Substitute Judge for the Twenty-eighth General District Court from 1971-1989. He was also in the United States Air Force from 1951-1955. 
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #3
- Joint Rules
- HB 1821 Concealed handguns; prohibited from carrying onto premises of restaurants and consuming alcohol.
- HB 1822 Handguns; exempts permit holders from prohibition against carrying onto school property.
- HB 2005 Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB 2559 Homestead exemption; increases for householders who are 65 years of age or older.
Johnson is running in the 2011 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 4. He obtained the Democratic nomination and is unopposed in the November 8 general election.
On November 3, 2009, Johnson won re-election to the 4th District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Johnson raised $17,844 for his campaign. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 4 (2009)|
|Joseph P Johnson Jr (D)||12,967||97.5%|
The top 5 donors to Johnson's 2009 campaign:
|Alpha Natural Resources||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$1,500|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Johnson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |