|Virginia House of Delegates District 4|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He won re-election unopposed in the November 3, 2009 general election.
Prior to his election to the House, Johnson served as a Substitute Judge for the Twenty-eighth General District Court from 1971-1989. He was also in the United States Air Force from 1951-1955. 
- Commerce and Labor Committee, Virginia House
- Courts of Justice Committee, Virginia House
- Finance Committee, Virginia House
- Rules Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
- Subcommittee on Judicial Systems
- HB 1821 Concealed handguns; prohibited from carrying onto premises of restaurants and consuming alcohol.
- HB 1822 Handguns; exempts permit holders from prohibition against carrying onto school property.
- HB 2005 Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB 2559 Homestead exemption; increases for householders who are 65 years of age or older.
The top 5 donors to Johnson's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Alpha Natural Resources $4,000
- 2. VA Coal Assoc $1,000
- 3. VA Dental Assoc $1,000
- 4. Emergency Medicine PAC of VA $750
- 5. Consol Energy
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Johnson
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions:2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |