|Wisconsin State Assembly District 44|
|2011 - January 3, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||University of Wisconsin, Rock County, 2005|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisonsin, Whitewater, 2009|
|Date of birth||03/20/1964|
|Place of birth||Janesville, WI|
Knilans was previously employed by J.S. Innovations in Janesville. He also worked for General Motors in Janesville for 13 years, both as assembly worker and as Supervisor.
He has earned an Associates Degree from the University of Wisconsin, Rock County and then his B.S. in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Knilans served on these committees:
- Jobs, the Economy and Small Business Committee
- Public Health and Public Safety Committee, Vice Chair
- Transportation Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Knilans lost re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 44. Knilans ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Debra Kolste (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joe Knilans Incumbent||38.3%||10,571|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 44 General Election (2010)|
|Joe Knilans (R)||8,684|
|Mike Sheridan (D)||8,169|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 44 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Joe Knillans (R)||1,484||48.1%|
|William Truman (R)||613||19.87%|
|Charles Knipp (R)||597||19.35%|
|Kenneth Brotheridge (R)||390||12.64%|
Knilans will focus on the following issues, according to his website:
- "Bringing jobs back to the area
- Lowering taxes
- Updating regulations that are hampering the local businesses
- Eliminating wasteful spending
- Family values and education
- Photo identification for voting" 
In 2010, when Knilans first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $29,240 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Joseph John Knilans||$6,000|
|1st District Republican Party of Wisconsin||$1,000|
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|Wisconsin Republican Party||$500|
|Ryan for Congress||$500|
|Friends & Neighbors of Robin Vos||$500|
|Republican Party of Rock County||$500|
|Tavern League of Wisconsin||$500|
|11 individual donors||$500 each|
Knilans is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Joe + Knilans + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Joe Knilans on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Knilans on Facebook
- Knilans' LinkedIn profile
- Knilans campaign website - About Joe
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Knilans' campaign website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Jeremy Thiesfeldt candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 44
| Succeeded by|
Debra Kolste (D)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |