|Kansas House of Representatives District 94|
|2001 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Fort Hays Kansas State University|
McLeland, who has his BS in Mathematics from Fort Hays Kansas State University, has worked as a computer network analyst.
He has been involved with the Catholic Family Federal Credit Union, Family Consultation Service, Kansas Research and Education Network, and the Knights of Columbus Council 4118.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McLeland served on the following committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- General Government Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Chair
- Information Technology Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Chair
- Social Services Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McLeland served on the following committees:
- Appropriations Committee, House of Representatives
- Higher Education Committee, House of Representatives
- Education Budget Committee, House of Representatives (Chair)
- Information Technology Joint Committee, State Legislature (Chair)
McLeland's top priority has been the Taxpayers' Bill of Rights (TABOR).
He refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
- H 2150 Property taxation; 2% limit on valuation increases. 02/27/2009
- H 2206 Amendments to late term and partial birth abortion law. 03/05/2009
McLeland won re-election to the 94th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. In the August 3rd primary election, McLeland defeated Republican primary opponents Roy Oeser and Wade A. Waterbury by margins of 2,252 to 778 and 2,252 to 560 respectively. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 94|
|Joe McLeland (R)||9,413||100%|
In 2010, McLeland received $21,023 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe McLeland's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$1,000|
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$750|
|Wichita Area Association Of Realtors||$650|
|Total Raised in 2010||$21,023|
In 2008 McLeland collected $14,170 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$750|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Joe + McLeland + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Joe McLeland
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McLeland Biography
- Rep. McLeland TABOR
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McLeland Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 94
| Succeeded by|
Mario Goico (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |