|Colorado House of Representatives District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Hope College, 1992|
|Master's||University of Colorado at Denver, 2004|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Miklosi served on these committees:
- Economic and Business Development Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Legislative Audit Committee, Colorado General Assembly
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Miklosi served on these committees:
- Judiciary Committee
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee
- State Veterans, and Military Affairs
- Legislative Audit
Mikolsi's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1127 - Econ Development And Incentive Act Of 2009
- HB 09-1160 - Secure Electronic Voter Information
- HB 09-1214 - School District Reporting Requirements
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Miklosi's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Once elected to Congress, Joe's number one priority will be restoring job growth and economic growth so that everyone can realize their own unique version of the American Dream. In order to accomplish these goals, we need to not only create an environment that fosters job creation, but we also need to put the country back on track to get our fiscal house in order."
- Excerpt: "Joe Miklosi will fight back against the war on women and work to protect every woman's access to birth control and a woman's right to choose. He will fight against radical proposals like the Personhood Amendment, which would severely limit or ban many types of birth control and would outlaw abortions, even in the most extreme cases, such as rape and incest."
- Energy and the Environment
- Excerpt: "Colorado is the most scenic, ecologically diverse, and resource-rich state in the country. Every year, tens of millions of people move to and visit our state because of the mountains, rivers, parks, and incredible quality of life. With over 40 state and federal parks, vast public lands, world class skiing, boarding, rafting, fishing, hunting, hiking, climbing, camping, golfing, and numerous other outdoor activities, Colorado is the best state in the country for enjoying the outdoors."
- Excerpt: "Joe's father taught school for 33 years and helped him learn that each child learns differently. Colorado needs more schools that understand this important fact; and we need to develop a rigorous curriculum, with an emphasis on critical thinking skills, not standardized tests, to help each student excel. It is important to focus on small class sizes, parental involvement and supporting trained, experienced, accountable teachers."
- Medicare and Healthcare
- Excerpt: "We need to honor the commitment we made to our citizens and protect Medicare. When elected to Congress, Joe simply won't allow Republicans to cut Medicare or Social Security. Rather, he will fight to preserve and strengthen these critical programs for current and future generations."
Miklosi ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Colorado's 6th District. He ran unopposed in the June 26, 2012, Democratic primary. He faced incumbent Mike Coffman (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Coffman Incumbent||47.8%||163,922|
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Effects of redistricting
According to the Washington Post, redistricting transformed the 6th district from a safe seat into a swing district. While the 6th formerly went safely for Republican Mike Coffman, the newly drawn district has become battleground for Republicans and Democrats fighting for control of the House.
Miklosi ran for re-election to the 9th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Miklosi defeated Robert J. Lane (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 9 General election (2010)|
|Joe Miklosi (D)||14,205|
|Robert J. Lane (R)||8,888|
Miklosi raised $69,045 for his campaign, while Landauer raised $2,434.
|Colorado State House, District 9 (2008)|
|Joe Miklosi (D)||19,722|
|James Landauer (R)||9,915|
|U.S. House, Colorado District 6, 2012 - Joe Miklosi Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Opponent||$3,441,283|
|Total Spent by Opponent||$3,838,137|
|Top contributors to Joe Miklosi's campaign committee|
|Air Line Pilots Assn||$10,000|
|American Assn for Justice||$10,000|
|American Federation of Teachers||$10,000|
|American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic Employees||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Public Sector Unions||$75,000|
|Building Trade Unions||$59,000|
In 2010, Miklosi raised $58,766 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Denver Classroom Teachers Association||$2,500|
|United Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$2,250|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$2,250|
|Colorado State Conference Of Electrical Workers Small Donor Cmte||$2,250|
Below are Miklosi's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,000|
|Colorado Education Assoc||$2,625|
|Service Employees Local 105||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joe + Miklosi + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Joe Miklosi's campaign website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Joe Miklosi
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Colorado Secretary of State 2012 Candidate List
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- Campaign website, Issues
- Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- Associated Press - Unofficial election results
- Washington Post blog "The 10 House districts that might surprise you," May 11, 2012
- 2008 general election results, Colorado
- Colorado House spending, 2008
- Open Secrets "Joe Miklosi 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 9
| Succeeded by|
Paul Rosenthal (D)