Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 30|
|High school||Southeast Polk|
|Bachelor's||Upper Iowa University|
|Profession||Golf Course Manager|
Riding currently manages his family's golf course. He attended Upper Iowa University, receiving a Bachelor's degree.
Riding's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The State’s role in the economy is to create an environment that allows all businesses, both large and small, to be created, to expand, and to prosper."
- Excerpt:"In my discussions with teachers and school administrators, the lack of parental involvement in their children’s education is the single biggest issue that faces our educational system today."
- Excerpt:"The United States Constitution guarantees its citizens the right to bear arms. I will work with all individuals and groups to protect these rights."
- Excerpt:"A group has the right to organize and collective bargain on their behalf for their wages and benefits."
Riding is running in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 30. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent David Jacoby is running in district 74 due to redistricting. Riding will face Jim Carley (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Riding and his wife of 20 years, Leann, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joe + Riding + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |