|Running for U.S. House of Representatives, Iowa's 2nd Congressional District|
|Date of primary||June 5, 2012|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate District 43|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Iowa State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
|Date of birth||September 27, 1946|
|Place of birth||Lost Nation, IA|
Seng earned his DVM from Iowa State University.
Seng is a Veterinarian.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Seng has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Seng served on these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa State Senate
Seng is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Iowa's 2nd District. Seng is seeking the nomination on the Democratic ticket. Seng is running against incumbent Dave Loebsack in the Democratic primary. Candidates John Archer and Dan Dolan are running in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of March 16, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 5, 2012.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Seng ran unopposed. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 43 (2010) General Election|
|Joe Seng (D)||9,894||62.3%|
|Mark Riley (R)||5,991||37.7%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 43 (2006)|
|Joe Seng (D)||13,017|
In 2010, a year in which Seng was up for re-election, he collected $31,626 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Hawaii State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joe Seng's campaign in 2010|
|John Deere & Co||$2,500|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$2,500|
|Iowa Corn Growers Association||$2,500|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$31,626|
In 2006 Seng collected $21,501 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Forward Together PAC||$2,000|
|Associated General Contractors Association||$1,500|
|Neilsen, Craig H.||$1,150|
|All Children Matter||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joe + Seng + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Seng has a child.
- Sen. Seng's Senate Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Joe Seng
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Iowa Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|