Difference between revisions of "Joe T. May"
|Line 108:||Line 108:|
Revision as of 19:08, 11 August 2011
|Joe T. May|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 33|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He sits on the Board of Directors of the 4-H Educational Center, is the President of Foxfield Homeowners Association, and a Board Member of the Virginia Tech Engineering Committee of 100. 
- Transportation (Chair)
- Transportation Subcommittee (Chair)
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 2421 Freedom of Information Act; definition of public record.
- HB 2422 Voting equipment; locality that acquired DREs prior to 7-1-07 may temporarily conduct election.
- HB 2426 Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act; extends implementation of prohibition.
May compared opponents of a gas tax hike to homeowners who don’t want to pay their gas or electric bills. May said transportation needs to be treated as a utility, or Virginia isn’t going to compare favorably with her neighbors.
“I’m concerned when we cross the North Carolina line, we’re going to look like East Berlin if we stay on this track,” May said.
May shared his thoughts on the 2011 redistricting process in Virgina.
May is running for re-election to the District 33 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Joe T. May was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 33(2009)|
|Joe T. May (R)||22,489|
The top 5 donors to May's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Assoc||$11,500|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$4,150|
|Northern Virginia Technology Council||$4,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$4,000|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$3,500|
- Delegate Joe T. May official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. May
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate May
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- "VDOT preps to extract more federal dollars than ever," Old Dominion Watchdog, December 3, 2010
- "Joe May talks redistricting," Virginia Statehouse News, April 21, 2011
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |