|U.S. House, Illinois, District 8|
|January 3, 2011-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Barrington High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
|Master's||University of Chicago|
|Birthday||December 27, 1961|
|Place of birth||North Barrington, Illinois|
According to a March 2012 article in Roll Call, Walsh is one of the top 10 most vulnerable incumbents.
Walsh was born and raised in the 8th district, growing up in a family of 9 children. He has a BA in English from the University of Iowa and a Masters in Public Policy from the University of Chicago. He has taught American government and American history at the community college level for a number of years, at Oakton Community College and the Hebrew Theological College.
U.S. House of Representatives
Walsh serves on the following committees:
- Homeland Security Committee
- Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
- Subcommittee on Transportation Security Vice Chair
- Oversight and Government Reform Committee
- Subcommittee on Health Care, District of Columbia, Census and the National Archives
- Subcommittee on TARP, Financial Services and Bailouts of Public and Private Programs
- Small Business Committee
- Subcommittee on Healthcare and Technology
- Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access Chair
- Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Joe Walsh has voted with the Republican Party 87 of the time, which ranked 217 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
Walsh is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 8th District. Walsh is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois' 8th Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Melissa L. Bean||48.3%||97,825|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois' 8th Congressional District, 2010 - Joe Walsh Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$2,292,879|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$2,451,348|
|Top contributors to Joe Walsh's campaign committee|
|Cancer Treatment Center of America||$9,750|
|American Greetings Corp||$9,600|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$51,479|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Joe + Walsh + Illinois + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
- All-Area Volleyball Team Capsules - Pekin Daily Times
- Doug Sedenquist, Michigan Republican Party Central Committee Member ... - Huffington Post
- Conservative challenges Doody Gorman for Cook County Board as filing closes - Chicago Daily Herald
- US Presidential Elections and Liberian Affairs - Patriotic Vanguard
- Suburban GOP group endorses every governor hopeful - Chicago Daily Herald
- Gay marriage bill passes House - The Capitol Fax Blog (blog)
- Tornadoes, thunderstorms kill at least 8 in Midwest - New York Daily News
- Eric Holder Promises More Federal Funding To Fight Chicago Violence - Huffington Post
- Sasha And Malia Obama Ace Holiday Dressing At Turkey Pardoning (PHOTOS) - Huffington Post
- Daniel Biss, Joe Walsh talk freedom at heated College Republicans forum - Daily Northwestern
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Walsh his wife Helene together have five children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ABC News 7 "Election Results Primary 2012" Accessed March 20, 2012
- ↑ Roll Call "Top 10 Vulnerable: Targets on Their Backs," March 16, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Congressman Joe Walsh "Meet Joe" Accessed November 2, 2011
- ↑ Congressman Joe Walsh "Committee and Caucus Membership"
- ↑ OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed December 27, 2011
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- ↑ Open Secrets "Joe Walsh 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 2, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Illinois, District 8
| Succeeded by|