|Iowa House of Representatives District 95|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Master's||University of Iowa School of Social Work|
|Place of birth||Osceola, IA|
Fry is a health care consultant and president of TEAM Restoration Ministries. He is also adjunct faculty at Simpson College and the University of Iowa School of Social Work. He holds a B.A. from Simpson College and an M.S. in Social Work from the University of Iowa.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fry has been appointed to the following committees:
- Human Resources, Vice Chair
- Natural Resources
- Public Safety
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (Joint Appropriations)
Fry is running in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 27. Fry defeated James Demichelis, Jr. in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. No Democratic candidates have filed for the district. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 27 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Joel Fry Incumbent||85.5%||1,473|
|James Demichelis, Jr.||14.5%||249|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 95 General Election (2010)|
|Joel Fry (R)||6,191|
|Michael Reasoner (D)||4,732|
In 2010 Fry collected $239,995 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Joel Fry's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Republican Party||$205,621|
|Freedom First PAC Iowa||$2,000|
|Little Sioux Corn Processors||$1,400|
|For Americas Republican Majority PAC||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$239,995|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Joel + Fry + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Fry and his wife, Heather, have three children.
- Iowa House of Representatives - Joel Fry
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Joel Fry for Iowa House, "Bio," accessed June 28, 2011.
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Official Iowa House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2010 Contributions to Iowa House candidates
|Iowa House District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |