Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Wyoming|
Otto attended Vermont Technical College and has a degree in mechanical engineering technology.
Otto listed some of his campaign issues on his website:
- "Liberty: ”I will defend your liberty from unconstitutional government intrusion.”
- Basic Rights: ”I will protect your rights–the rights of your person, family, and property–that our Founding Fathers fought and died for.”
- Responsibility: ”I support individual responsibility, including the consequences and benefits of our actions. I do not support a nanny state, nor any government intervention into our lives and homes.”
- Jobs and Economic Growth: ”I support returning to free market principles and removing the government impediments of taxes, subsidies and regulations that strangle free enterprise.”
- Health Care: ”I oppose PPACA and other government involvement in health care. People should be free to make their own healthcare decisions without government coercion and interference.”
- Education Freedom: ”I support control of education by parents, students, and teachers, without federal mandates.”
- Foreign Policy: ”I support bringing our valuable service men and women home and ending the war on terror, because these wars are expensive, deadly, and lack a clear mission.”
- Internet Freedom: ”I support the free speech and free market nature of the Internet and oppose government censorship and warrantless surveilance.”
- Food Freedom: “I support the protection of small farms and our right to buy and sell food in any form, raw or cooked, without federal police raids.”
- Marriage: ”I support removing government licensing and permitting of marriage. Let’s keep the police out of marriage.”
- Abortion: “As a homeschooling parent of four children, born at home, I treasure human life and recognize that individual life begins at conception. The rights of a new life must be balanced with the existing life of the mother.”
- Property Rights: ”I support property rights and good stewardship of our Wyoming environment.”
Otto ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Wyoming. He ran as a Third Party member and faced Republican incumbent John Barrasso and Democrat Tim Chesnut in the November general election. Barrasso won.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Joel + Otto + Wyoming + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maria V. Gutierrez - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Raymond H. Van Natta - Monroe Times
- Caught On Camera: Driver Blasts Through Police Road Check - Huffington Post Canada
- 'Mob City' captures LA's noir period - Wisconsin Rapids Tribune
- Hunterdon County 4-H members honored for achievements in 2012-13 - Hunterdon County Democrat - NJ.com
- Rushes to judgment: Top 10 assassination / conspiracy movies - People's World
- Nelson Camarillo Puts Camera In Women's Bathroom At Dialysis Center: Police - Huffington Post
- Marvell Weaver, Teen Playing 'Knockout' With Stun Gun, Shot Twice By Victim - Huffington Post
- What's on for Monday November 18, 2013 - Portsmouth News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Otto is married with four children.