|Washington House Of Representatives 6b|
|2011 - 2013|
|Per diem||$90/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Denver, 1959|
|Place of birth||Havre, MT|
|Profession||Owner/President, Janco Products Incorporated|
Ahern has owned and served as President of Janco Products, an office supply business, since 1984. He is a veteran of the U.S. Army, and previously worked as a sales manager for Abadan Reprographics. He holds a BA from the University of Denver and attended Gonzaga University School of Law.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ahern served on the following committees:
- Community Development and Housing Committee, Washington House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Washington House of Representatives
- General Government Appropriations and Oversight Committee, Washington House of Representatives
John Ahern was elected to the Washington State House of Representatives District 6b. He defeated Shelly O'Quinn in the August 17, 2010 primary. He also defeated Democrat John Driscoll in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 6b General Election (2010)|
|John Ahern (R)||32,133|
|John Driscoll (D)||29,923|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 6b Primary (2010)|
|John F. Driscoll (D)||15,904||40.49%|
|John E. Ahern (R)||13,119||33.40%|
|Shelly O'Quinn (R)||10,258||26.11%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Ahern most recently won election to the House, he collected $95,566 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|House Republican Organizational Committee of Washington||$41,075|
|Spokane County Republican Party||$875|
Ahern and his wife, Nancy, have three children and four grandchildren.
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Ahern proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $1.2 million, tied for the 85th highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 93 Washington state representatives on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "John + Ahern + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Washington State Elected Officials and Leaders," February 13, 2012
- Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org candidate summary, Retrieved June 28, 2011
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state representatives by proposed new taxes and fees
John Driscoll (D)
|Washington House of Representatives District 6b
| Succeeded by|
Jeff Holy (R)
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |