|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Bachelor's||Chicago State University|
|Date of birth||March 25, 1960|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Blyth earned his BA from Chicago State University in 1983. He was previously a candidate for United States President in both 2008 and 2012.
Blyth's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Economy: "First and last"
- Jobs: "Pass the American Jobs Act. Approve the new 50 billion dollar stimulus."
- Education: "Pro College and Pro Vocational Schools."
- Afghanistan War: "End the war now. Support Troops."
- Senior Citizen Rx Plan: "One Plan included in part A. End part D entirely."
- Homeland Security: "Strengthen our borders."
- Energy: "New national power grid completion, complete overhaul of oil drillings, top to bottom, like windmills, renewable solar power roofs, water, restock fish, co-generation power plants"
- Abortion: "Pro Life"
- Immigration: "When will congress act?"
- Gun Control: "In this country, what?"
- English Language: "Non Issue"
- Gay Marriage: "Non Issue, get busy Congress"
- College Football BCS: "Looking forward to the new BCS."
- Transportation: "New national high speed rail completion"
- Interior: "Preserve parks and wildlife"
- Law Enforcement: "More police, IRS and EPA."
- Civil Rights: "Support extension of 1968 bill"
- Minimum Wage: "Support increases. Pro Living Wage"
- Electronic Voting: "All for it, support U.S. Software"
- National Speed Limit: "70mph especially at state borders"
- Free Trade: "Yes"
- Stem Cell Research: "Favor newest technologies."
- EPA: "Serious increase to combat the Koch Bros., Grover Norquist and the Tea Party."
- Dept. of Agriculture: "I like the new Ag-based anti e-coli spray"
- Internet Sales Tax: "Hmm?"
- Tariffs: "No"
- Taxes: "Will rewrite tax code"
Blyth ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Blyth lost in the Democratic primary to Robin Kelly.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Special Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Denise Anita Hill||0%||4|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Blyth + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |