|Washington State Senate, District 20|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Electrical Engineering, University of Washington|
|Master's||Business Administration and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Michigan|
|Service/branch||U.S. Navy Reserve|
|Profession||President of Braun Northwest, emergency vehicle manufacturing company|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Braun served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce & Labor, Vice-chair|
|• Governmental Operations|
|• Trade & Economic Development, Chair|
|• Ways & Means|
Braun's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- A Focus on Job Creation
- Excerpt: "John will be an outspoken voice for lowering costs of doing business. John knows this will free up small businesses to do what they do best—develop products & services and hire more people. To that end, it’s time we had some serious tort reform as well as stability and efficiency in the regulatory environment."
- Spending & Taxes
- Excerpt: We must address escalating state wage, benefit, and retirement costs and reverse the growth of government. In times of plenty as well as times of need, we must focus on the priorities of government and basic services. We need Olympia to focus on our district’s needs—including a properly funded educational system and a transportation system that keeps our community moving with maintained bridges and roads. All this and more can and should be done with existing revenue—not new and higher taxes.
- Educating for our Future
- Excerpt: "Adequately funding education is important—but we must be smart with the money as well. That is why John is calling for policies that encourage effectiveness and accountability through transparency. When the public, parents, and elected officials know where tax dollars are going, we are all better able to address problems such as rising administrative costs and failing students."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Braun won election in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 20. Braun advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated incumbent Dan Swecker (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Swecker Incumbent||44.6%||24,075|
|Washington State Senate, District 20 Blanket Primary, 2012|
|Republican||John E. Braun||40.3%||9,327|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Braun lives with his wife, Marlo, and four children on a farm in Lewis County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Braun + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Dan Swecker (R)
|Washington State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|