|New Jersey General Assembly District 3|
|2002 - Present|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Camden, NJ|
|Profession||Owner/Producer/Distributor, Hill Studio & Scenic|
- A1407 Requires retail food establishments to provide certain nutritional information for food or beverage items sold to its customers.
- A1480 Requires that public officers or public employees convicted of crimes involving their office or employment be sentenced to mandatory prison terms and forfeit pension benefits.
- A2493 "New Jersey Fair Debt Collection Practices Act."
- A3567 Eliminates requirement that voting machines produce voter-verified paper record by January 1, 2009. 
On their shared campaign website, Burzichelli and Celeste Riley list the following five major campaign themes:
- Protect South Jersey jobs
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste are investing in local small businesses to protect jobs and grow South Jersey’s economy. John and Celeste are working to help small business owners by eliminating exorbitant fees, cutting red tape and providing other incentives."
- Bring home our fair share of state resources
- Excerpt: "With all the taxes we pay, South Jersey deserves more than budget leftovers. John and Celeste are a powerful voice making sure we get our fair share of state resources."
- Cap state spending
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste will push for zero-based budgeting, forcing bureaucrats to prove the merit of every dollar they want to spend."
- Improve access to affordable health care
- Excerpt: "...keep insurance affordable by reducing premium costs and lowering administrative expenses. They increased funding for local hospitals, and are committed to ensuring seniors living on fixed incomes can afford need prescription drugs."
- Prohibit politicians from accepting gifts from lobbyists
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste are neighbors and community leaders—not career politicians. That’s why they support legislation that prohibits politicians from accepting gifts from lobbyists. They are advocating for tougher election laws to keep corruption out of our state government."
Burzichelli ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 3. Burzichelli is bracketed with Celeste Riley. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Larry Wallace (R) and Bob Vanderslice (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Burzichelli won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Celeste Riley ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Domenick DiCicco and Bob Villare in the November 8 general election.
NJ Spotlight has identified the 3rd District as a potential place for the GOP to pickup a seat in the Assembly. Following redistricting, 4th District Republican incumbent Domenick DiCicco was moved into the 3rd district. He is running with Bob Villare, who came within 1,300 votes of defeating Celeste Riley in 2009. 
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Third Legislative District (2009)|
|John J. Burzichelli (D)||35,423|
|Celeste M. Riley (D)||31,888|
|Robert Villare (R)||30,526|
|Lee Lucas (R)||27,316|
In 2011, Burzichelli received $445,705 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Burzichelli's campaign in 2011|
|Sweeney Burzichelli & Riley Bracket||$25,000|
|Sweeney Burzichelli & Reley||$24,600|
|Electrical Workers Local 351||$9,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$445,705|
|Total Votes received in 2011||25,172|
|Cost of each vote received||$17.71|
Below are Burzichelli's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Add Funds Transferred From Prior Campaign||$103,338|
|Electrical Workers Local 351||$8,200|
|Sweeney Wallace DiMarco For Freeholder||$8,200|
|Building Contractors Association Of New Jersey||$7,200|
|New Jersey Education Association||$6,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Burzichelli + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 3," November 4, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 3," October 17, 2011
- Burzichelli/Riley official 2011 campaign website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. John Burzichelli
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - John Burzichelli
- NJ 3rd legislative district
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Burzichelli
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Cumberland County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Gloucester County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Salem County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |