John C. Velis
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourth Hampden District|
|April 16, 2014 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 1, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent John C. Velis was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dan Allie was unopposed in the Republican primary. Velis defeated Allie in the general election.
John C. Velis (D) defeated Dan Allie (R) in the special election, which took place on April 1. Velis was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Allie was unopposed in the Republican primary.
A special election for the position of Massachusetts House of Representatives Fourth Hampden District was called for April 1, with a primary on March 4. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fourth Hampden District, Special Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John C. Velis||53.4%||2,697|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Velis + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- nepr.net, "Democrat Velis Snags Westfield State House Seat From GOP," April 1, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed February 18, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- masslive.com, "Special election to fill Don Humason's former 4th Hampden District House seat set," December 30, 2013
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |