Difference between revisions of "John Campbell (New Jersey)"
m (Text replace - "> <ref" to "><ref")
m (Text replace - " <ref>[http://www.c" to "<ref>[http://www.c")
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
Campbell's campaign website highlighted the following issues: <ref>[http://www.campbell4nj.com/ "John Campbell Official Campaign Website", Accessed September 11, 2013]</ref>
Campbell's campaign website highlighted the following issues:<ref>[http://www.campbell4nj.com/ "John Campbell Official Campaign Website", Accessed September 11, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 21:52, 5 March 2014
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 22|
|Place of birth||Plainfield, NJ|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Campbell earned his Bachelor's degree from Babson college. His professional experience includes owning a small business.
Campbell's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Protecting families from foreclosure and financial harm will be my chief priority. I would like to work with banks/municipalities to identify REO properties in an effort to promote a rehabilitation program focused on cleaning up our neighborhoods and creating jobs for people who need it most."
- Excerpt: "We have to protect our middle class. We need to create jobs, not ship them overseas. Small business fuels our economy. Our state should be more aggressive in attracting small businesses if we want to stimulate job creation and decrease property taxes."
- Excerpt: "As Assemblyman I would like to begin a dialogue that instead of sending people who commit misdemeanors to jail, we do everything in our power to ensure that they don’t return to the system, exploring things like college as an alternative. I would also introduce legislature to incentivize small business owners to hire ex-offenders in an effort to provide a much needed second chance."
- Excerpt: "We need to talk about the un employment rates of recent college graduates. It’s not right for young people to invest a quarter of a million dollars in their education and not be able to find a job. It is absolutely essential that we do everything that we can to make college affordable so that we can retain NJ's best and brightest."
- Excerpt: "After serving our country and protecting our freedom many of them are homeless, living in poverty, and suffering from mental disorders. It is our time to serve those who served. And for our men and women who are just coming home, we need to be working to ease the transition to civilian life."
- Excerpt: " Poverty, health care, boredom, depression, and isolation are just a few issues that are affecting $77 million Americans. It is our responsibility to care for these individuals, like they cared for us."
Campbell ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 22. Campbell was bracketed with Jeffrey D. First. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent Gerald Green (D) and incumbent Linda Stender (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Campbell + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- John Campbell Official Campaign Website
- John Campbell on Facebook
- John Campbell on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- "John Campbell Official Campaign Website", Accessed May 9, 2013
- "John Campbell Official Campaign Website", Accessed September 11, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," August 28, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |