John Carey Jr.
|John Carey Jr.|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 87|
|January 7, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Carey graduated from Ohio University with a B.S. in Political Science. After graduating from college, he worked as a legislative aide to Congressman Clarence Miller. He was later elected to be the Mayor of Wellston from 1988 and served until 1994. Carey spent 8 years in the Ohio State Senate from 2002 to 2010 before running for the House.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Carey was appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Finance and Appropriations Committee, Ohio House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Primary and Secondary Education, Chair
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 87|
|John Carey Jr. (R)||23,226||64.19%|
|Clay Baker (D)||11,785||32.57%|
|Tim Sanders (L)||1,170||3.23%|
In 2010, Carey had raised $122,122.
Listed below are the largest contributors.
|BRENNAN, DAVID L||$5,500|
|ZOLDAN, BRUCE J||$5,000|
|BOWMAN, PHIL A||$4,800|
|OHIO ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$3,500|
|CALFEE HALTER & GRISWOLD||$3,000|
Carey and his wife, Lynley, currently reside in Wellston. They have two sons, Justin and Jordan.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Clyde Evans (R)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|