Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 138|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Niagara Falls, NY|
Prior to his political career, Ceretto worked as a substitute teacher and then for the Tulip Corporation. He was elected to the Lewiston Town Board in 1995. Then in 2005, he was elected to the Niagara County Legislature where he was chairman of the Niagara County Refuse Department and vice-chairman of the Niagara County Economic Development Committee.
He earned his B.A. and his M.A. in Education and Administration from Niagara University. He and his wife Beth live in Lewiston with their four children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ceretto has been appointed to the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York State Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Ceretto was uncontested in the September 14 Republican primary. Ceretto defeated John Accardo (D) and Francine DelMonte (WF) in the general election on November 2. Although incumbent Delmonte lost in the Democratic primary, she secured the nomination of the Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 138 2010|
|John Ceretto (R)||16,722|
|John Accardo (D)||11,985|
|Francine DelMonte (WF)||7,338|
In 2010, Ceretto raised a total of $17,462 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Abeles Building Comp||$2,000|
|Town of Lewiston GOP||$500|
Ceretto and his wife Beth have four children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|New York Assembly - District 138
| Succeeded by|