Difference between revisions of "John Cosgrove"
m (Text replace - 'Virginia Bankers Association' to 'Virginia Bankers Association')
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 14:22, 9 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 78|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Cosgrove's official website states that he "has focused his efforts on improving public safety, education, transportation and protecting the Chesapeake Bay, as well as our family values."
- Privileges and Elections (Vice Chair)
- Elections Subcommittee (Chair)
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- General Laws
- Professions/Occupations and Administrative Process Subcommittee (Chair)
- Housing Subcommittee
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1703 Indoor Clean Air Act; prohibits smoking in certain public buildings, restaurants, etc., exceptions.
- HB 1876 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of text messaging while driving certain vehicle.
- HB 1877 Absentee voting; firefighters and other first responders are entitled thereto.
Cosgrove is running for re-election to the District 78 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Cosgrove was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 78 (2009)|
|John Cosgrove (R)||17,661|
The top 5 donors to Cosgrove's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Association||$3,971|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$3,800|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Association||$3,750|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
- Delegate John Cosgrove official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Cosgrove
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Delegate John Cosgrove Facebook profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Sorensen Institute profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |