Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 78|
|2002 - Present|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Date of birth||06/07/1954|
|Place of birth||Montgomery, AL|
- Privileges and Elections (Vice Chair)
- Elections Subcommittee (Chair)
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- General Laws
- Professions/Occupations and Administrative Process Subcommittee (Chair)
- Housing Subcommittee
- ABC/Gaming Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1703 Indoor Clean Air Act; prohibits smoking in certain public buildings, restaurants, etc., exceptions.
- HB 1876 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of text messaging while driving certain vehicle.
- HB 1877 Absentee voting; firefighters and other first responders are entitled thereto.
In 2009, Cosgrove was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 78 (2009)|
|John Cosgrove (R)||17,661|
Cosgrove's official website states that he "has focused his efforts on improving public safety, education, transportation and protecting the Chesapeake Bay, as well as our family values."
The top 5 donors to Cosgrove's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Association||$3,971|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$3,800|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Association||$3,750|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Cosgrove and his wife, Sue, have two children.
- Delegate John Cosgrove official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Cosgrove
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Delegate John Cosgrove Facebook profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Sorensen Institute profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |