Maine State Senate, District 5
|Profession||Director of Marketing, Speech Pathology Assoc., LLC, Licensed EMT|
|Website||John Cushing for State Senate|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8th primary election, Cushing ran unopposed. 
Cushing's campaign website lists his leadership priorities for change: 
- Energy - "Energy independence is a Maine issue requiring leadership in Augusta. We cannot afford to wait for others to determine our future for us."
- Taxes - "End the unrelenting cycle of tax increases. Each time taxes go up, the number of jobs in Maine goes down. A sound economy requires sound tax policies."
- Spending - "A six billion dollar budget ought to be enough. LImiting choices, making priorities and being disciplined will get the job done."
- Economy - "A strong economy requires lowering the cost of energy, limiting taxes and controlling spending. This is the kind of leadership Augusta should be providing."
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in Maine
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- John Cushing for Senate on Facebook