|U.S. House, Maryland, District 6|
|January 3, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Roscoe Bartlett (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Georgetown Law School|
|Date of birth||April 16, 1963|
|Place of birth||New Jersey|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Issues
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign Financing
- 7 Analysis
- 8 Personal
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Delaney was born in New Jersey. Neither of his parents attended college: his mother was a homemaker and his father was an electrician. His father's union members helped pool money to provide a scholarship for Delaney to attend college. His net worth between $52 million and $232 million makes him the fourth richest member of Congress.
- Columbia University
- Georgetown Law School
- Blueprint Maryland, founded in 2011
- CapitalSource, founded in 2000
- Healthcare Financial Partners, founded in 1993
Delaney serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Delaney ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Maryland's 6th District. He defeated Milad Pooran, Robert Garagiola, Charles Bailey, and Ron Little in the Democratic primary on April 3, 2012. He defeated incumbent Roscoe Bartlett (R) and Nickolaus Mueller (L) in the November 6, 2012 general election.
John Delane, "Jump Rope"
|U.S. House, Maryland District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Roscoe Bartlett Incumbent||37.9%||117,313|
|Source: Maryland State Board of Elections "Representative in Congress"|
|U.S. House of Representatives-Maryland District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Delaney won election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Delaney's campaign committee raised a total of $4,426,868 and spent $4,423,738 .
|U.S. House of Representatives, 2012 - John Delaney Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Runner-up||$1,151,621|
|Total Spent by Election Runner-up||$1,362,902|
|Top contributors to John Delaney's campaign committee|
|Patton Boggs LLP||$35,450|
|Farallon Capital Management||$23,500|
|Capital One Financial||$23,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$230,986|
Lifetime voting record
According to the website GovTrack, Delaney missed 0 of 89 roll call votes from Jan 2013 to Mar 2013, which is 0.0% of votes during that period. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Delaney's net worth as of 2011 was estimated between $46,886,140 and $231,164,999 . This averages to $139,025,569. This is higher than the $5,107,874 average net worth for Democratic representatives in 2011. 
Delaney and his wife, April McClain-Delaney, have four daughters. 
- Social media:
- Congressional profile at CongressMerge.com
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Maryland"
- National Journal "Maryland, 6th House District Seat: John Delaney (D)," November 6, 2012
- John Delaney for Congress "About John" Accessed January 16, 2012
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
- Baltimore Sun "6th congressional district election guide 2012" Accessed March 25, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Maryland State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results"
- YouTube channel
- Open Secrets "2012 Re-Election Cycle," Accessed February 16, 2013
- GovTrack, "John Delaney," Accessed April 2013
- OpenSecrets.org, "Delaney, (D-Maine), 2011"
Roscoe Bartlett (R)
|U.S. House of Representatives - Maryland District 6
| Succeeded by|