|U.S. House, Maryland, District 6|
|January 3, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Predecessor||Roscoe Bartlett (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Georgetown Law School|
|Birthday||April 16, 1963|
|Place of birth||Wood-Ridge, New Jersey|
Prior to his congressional career Delaney founded two New York Stock Exchange companies as well as Blueprint Maryland, a non-profit organization who's focus is the creation of jobs in Maryland's private sector.
Based on analysis of multiple outside rankings, Delaney is a more moderate left of center Democratic party vote. As a result, he may break with the Democratic Party line more than his fellow members.
Delaney was born in New Jersey. Neither of his parents attended college: his mother was a homemaker and his father was an electrician. His father's union members helped pool money to provide a scholarship for Delaney to attend college. His net worth between $52 million and $232 million makes him the fourth richest member of Congress.
- Columbia University
- Georgetown Law School
- Blueprint Maryland, founded in 2011
- CapitalSource, founded in 2000
- Healthcare Financial Partners, founded in 1993
Delaney serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Delaney ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Maryland's 6th District. He defeated Milad Pooran, Robert Garagiola, Charles Bailey, and Ron Little in the Democratic primary on April 3, 2012. He defeated incumbent Roscoe Bartlett (R) and Nickolaus Mueller (L) in the November 6, 2012 general election.
|U.S. House, Maryland District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Roscoe Bartlett Incumbent||37.9%||117,313|
|Source: Maryland State Board of Elections "Representative in Congress"|
|U.S. House, Maryland, District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Delaney is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Delaney raised a total of $4,426,868 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 16, 2013.
|John Delaney's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||U.S. House (Maryland, District 6)||$4,426,868|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,426,868|
|John Delaney (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||May 10, 2013||$3,130.39||$98,425.00||$(58,460.74)||$43,094.65|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$43,094.65||$226,853.50||$(98,631.08)||$171,317.07|
Delaney won election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Delaney's campaign committee raised a total of $4,426,868 and spent $4,423,738 .
Cost per vote
Delaney spent $24.32 per vote received in 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, 2012 - John Delaney Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Runner-up||$1,151,621|
|Total Spent by Election Runner-up||$1,362,902|
|Top contributors to John Delaney's campaign committee|
|Patton Boggs LLP||$35,450|
|Farallon Capital Management||$23,500|
|Capital One Financial||$23,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$230,986|
The website OpenCongress tracks the voting records of each member to determine with whom he or she votes most and least often. The results include a member from each party.
Delaney most often votes with:
Delaney least often votes with:
Lifetime voting record
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org, Delaney's net worth as of 2011 was estimated between $46,886,140 and $231,164,999 . This averages to $139,025,569. This is higher than the $5,107,874 average net worth for Democratic representatives in 2011. 
Voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, John Delaney has voted with the Democratic Party 92.7% of the time, which ranked 103 among the 201 House Democratic members as of June 2013.
Delaney and his wife, April McClain-Delaney, have four daughters. 
- Campaign website
- Official U.S. House website
- Profile at Facebook
- Profile at Twitter
- Video Channel on YouTube
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Congressional profile at CongressMerge.com
- Profile at Wikipedia
- ↑ Politico, "2012 Election Map, Maryland"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 John Delaney for Congress, "About John," Accessed January 16, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 National Journal, "Maryland, 6th House District Seat: John Delaney (D)," Accessed November 6, 2012
- ↑ CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
- ↑ Baltimore Sun, "6th congressional district election guide 2012," Accessed March 25, 2012
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Maryland State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ YouTube channel
- ↑ Open Secrets, "John Delaney," Accessed May 16, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "John Delaney Summary Report," Accessed July 25, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "John Delaney April Quarterly," Accessed July 25, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "John Delaney July Quarterly," Accessed July 25, 2013
- ↑ Open Secrets, "2012 Re-Election Cycle," Accessed February 16, 2013
- ↑ OpenCongress, "John Delaney," Accessed August 5, 2013
- ↑ GovTrack, "John Delaney," Accessed June 24, 2013
- ↑ OpenSecrets.org, "Delaney, (D-Maine), 2011"
- ↑ OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
Roscoe Bartlett (R)
|U.S. House of Representatives - Maryland District 6
| Succeeded by|