|New Jersey General Assembly District 23|
|2009 - Present|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Profession||President, A. DiMaio and Son, Inc.|
On his official website DiMaio explains his political philosophy, "I am working tirelessly to reduce the size of big government. As your assemblyman, I am striving to return the control of government to the most efficient level - the local level. This is where your elected officials can be most responsive to your needs while keeping a close eye on your tax dollars."
- A621 Permits sale of raw milk under certain conditions and establishes raw milk permit program.
- A4025 Requires physicians to provide patients opportunity to undergo obstetrical ultrasound or sonogram within 48 hours of performing abortion.
- A4126 Authorizes unemployment benefits for shared work programs.
DiMaio ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 23. DiMaio is bracketed with Erik Peterson. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He is challenged by John Valentine (D) and Ralph Drake (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
DiMaio won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Erik Peterson ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Scott McDonald and Karen Carroll in the November 8 general election.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, DiMaio received 49,023 votes (35%), defeating Democratic challengers William Courtney and Tammeisha Smith. He was bracketed with Erik Peterson.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Third Legislative District (2009)|
|John DiMaio (R)||49,137|
|Erik Peterson (R)||48,067|
|William J. Courtney (D)||21,997|
|Tammeisha Smith (D)||19,939|
In 2011, DiMaio received $32,667 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John DiMaio's campaign in 2011|
|Bramnick For Assembly||$1,000|
|New Jersey Automobile Dealers Assocation||$1,000|
|New Jobs Business Pac Of New Jersey||$1,000|
|State Street Associates||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$32,667|
|Total Votes received in 2011||21,289|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.53|
Below are DiMaio's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Republican National Committee||$8,175|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,000|
|Doherty For Senate||$2,693|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$1,500|
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 23," November 2, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 23," October 12, 2011
- Assemblyman John DiMaio official campaign website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. John DiMaio
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2005
- Assemblyman DiMaio - About John
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Hunterdon County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Somerset County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |