Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 5|
|Service/branch||U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force|
According to Douglass' website, his campaign themes include:
- Education: "Abandoning millions of public school students with arbitrary cuts and teacher layoffs will make it impossible for Virginia schools to develop the highly skilled workforce that America needs to lead the world."
- Jobs: "Further subsidizing corporations that keep America dependent on foreign oil and foreign jobs comes at the expense of local companies that support local growth.
- National Security: "Responding to the threats of terror, disease and natural disasters will take a flag-officer in Congress that promotes robust economic diplomacy, intelligence-based decision making and a volunteer fighting force that is ready to step up in the face of real danger."
Douglass is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 5th District. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary and will face Republican incumbent Robert Hurt and Kenneth Hildebrandt (G) in the November general election.
|John Douglass Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$169,620.37||$159,883.51||$(100,519.37)||$228,984.51|
|July Quarterly||July 14, 2012||$194,474.53||$143,151.83||$(59,347.25)||$278,279.11|
- John Douglass for Congress, "Policies," Accessed September 20, 2012
- WSLS "As re-election campaign begins, Hurt stresses economic opportunity," May 1, 2012
- The Roanoke Times "Democrats pick Douglass, Flaccavento to challenge in 5th, 9th Districts," May 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "John Douglass' 2012 Summary reports," Accessed September 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, John Douglass' April Quarterly report," Accessed September 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "John Douglass' July Quarterly report," Accessed September 20, 2012