John E. Bradley
|John E. Bradley|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 117|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Bradley is an attorney.
He is a member of the Aldersgate United Methodist Church, Ducks Unlimited, Marion Rotary International, National Rifle Association, National Wild Turkey Federation, The Royalton Lion's Club, and President of the Southeastern Illinois College Alumni Association.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bradley has been appointed to the following committees:
- Judiciary I - Civil Law, Vice Chair
- Labor, Vice Chair
- Revenue & Finance, Chair
- Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bradley served on the following committees:
- Environment & Energy
- Judiciary I - Civil Law (Vice Chair)
- Revenue & Finance (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Finance (Chair)
- Transportation, Regulation, Roads Committee
In early 2011, Bradley sponsored a bill that would revamp the workers’ compensation system by reducing benefits for injured workers and beefing up measures to reduce fraudulent claims.
“One of the unique and wonderful opportunities about doing workers’ compensation reform is that you get to make most of the state of Illinois mad at the same time … but to do real reform sometimes you have to do that,” said Rep. Bradley. “What we’ve tried to do is get some sacrifice on a lot of different parties, but not total sacrifice on any one party.”
The initiative is expected to limit the amount those claiming workers’ compensation can receive in wage differentials.
Among those who oppose the bill is Michael Carrigan, AFL-CIO president. Carrigan said that although there had been discussion, many issues were left unresolved.
“[We said] thank you we tried, but no thank you. So there is no agreement,” said Carrigan. “You don't partially sell a car or partially sell a home. You either sell it or you don't.”
Bradley won re-election to the 117th District seat unopposed. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 117 (2010)|
|John E. Bradley (D)||31,208||100.0%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 117 (2008)|
|John E. Bradley (D)||29,793|
|Ron Emery (R)||11,826|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 117 (2006)|
|John E. Bradley (D)||29,793|
In 2008, Bradley collected $252,234 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$12,500|
|Illinois Farm Bureau||$11,227|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$9,450|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$6,500|
|Illinois Pipe Trades||$6,000|
- Official Website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative John E. Bradley (D) 117th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Illinois House Democrats - John E. Bradley
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bradley
- "Employees lose out in workers’ compensation reform," Illinois Statehouse News, January 10, 2011
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Bradley Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 117
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |