John G. Mulroe
|John G. Mulroe|
|Illinois State Senate District 10|
|January 12, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Loyola University (1982)|
|J.D.||Loyola University (1988)|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Mulroe is an attorney and has run his own small practice on the northwest side of Chicago since 1995. He is also a hearing officer for the Chicago Park District and an arbitrator for the Cook County Mandatory Program. Before starting his own practice, Mulroe was an associate at the firm Worker & Power from 1994 to 1995, and an assistant state's attorney for Cook County from 1988 to 1994. He worked for the accounting firm Arthur Andersen & Co. from 1982 to 1986.
He received his bachelor's in accounting from Loyola University of Chicago in 1982 and passed his CPA exam the same year. He received his J.D. from the Loyola University School of Law in 1988. Mulroe's wife Margaret is a preschool teacher and administrative assistant. They have four children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mulroe has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Criminal Law Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Labor Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Legislative Audit Commission
Mulroe's campaign website lists the following issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Unemployment is a serious problem right now and we have to do more to create jobs."
- Excerpt: "I will use my background as an accountant to cut waste and inefficiency to ensure that we are protecting education funding. We have to make sure that our children have the resources they need to reach their full potential. If we rely on temporary fixes and half-measures, we are not going to help everyone."
- Government Reform
- Excerpt: "Our residents feel we have the most corrupt government in the nation. As a former prosecutor I am committed to seeing corrupt public officials put behind bars, but I am equally committed to making sure that history does not repeat itself."
- Excerpt: "If we are going to effectively address the problems facing our state, we have to put an end to the culture of corruption in Springfield. Legislation aimed at job creation, economic development, and education reform has to address the peoples' best interest."
- State Budget
- Excerpt: "We have to balance the budget and stabilize our state's finances by cutting waste and streamlining our limited resources. We need to have a system in place that determines the value of every dollar that is spent."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Mulroe is running for re-election to the 10th District seat in the Illinois State Senate in 2012. He was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and will be unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 10 (2010)|
|John G. Mulroe (D)||30,087||55.42%|
|Brian G. Doherty (R)||24,203||44.58%|
In 2010, Mulroe raised $913,703 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$315,328|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$238,615|
|Illinois Federation Of Teachers||$17,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term John + Mulroe + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Mulroe and his wife Margaret have four children.
- Mulroe's campaign website
- Illinois Senate - John Mulroe
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mulroe's facebook
- Mulroe's twitter
|Illinois Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|