|Kansas House of Representatives District 75|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|President, Board of Education, Unified School District 490|
|2001 – 2005|
|Associate's||Butler County Community College (1987)|
|Birthday||July 27, 1949|
|Place of birth||El Dorado, Kansas|
Prior to his election to the House, Grange served as President of Unified School District 490 Board of Education from 2004-2005, and was a member of the Board from 2001-2005.
Grange works as a mechanical contractor and is currently the President and Owner of Carlisle Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical. He is a member of the American Legion, Elks Club, and Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Rep. Grange recognizing the Butler Grizzly Football Team
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Grange served on the following committees:
- Government Efficiency Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Legislative Post Audit Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Chair
- Pensions, Investments and Benefits Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Vice Chair
- Transportation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Grange served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee, House of Representatives (Vice-Chair)
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight Joint Committee, State Legislature
- Legislative Post Audit Joint Committee, State Legislature
- Engineering Success for the Future of KS Taskforce
Grange's answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test are available.
In the test, Grange outlined his main legislative goals:
My top priorities will be to work on state debt reduction funded by cuts in wasteful
spending by various agencies after an independent audit of current budgets.
Stop the annual obscene increase in personal property taxes that seem to stifle investment, annual increases are to be expected however a more reasonable approach is necessary.
Tax relief at all levels, which can come about when we get government growth andexcessive spending under control.
- H 2150 Property taxation; 2% limit on valuation increases. 02/27/2009
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
|Kansas State Senate, District 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 75 General Election (2010)|
|John Grange (R)||5,011|
|Glenda Reynolds (D)||2,041|
On November 4, 2008, Grange was re-elected to the 75th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Sarah Johnston (D).  Grange raised $32,026 for his campaign, while Johnston raised $16,991. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 75|
|John Grange (R)||5,053||55.1%|
|Sarah Johnston (D)||4,116||44.8%|
In 2010, Grange received $31,595 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Grange's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,250|
|Kansas Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 441||$1,000|
|Kansas Farm Bureau||$1,000|
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$31,595|
In 2008 Grange collected $32,026 in donations.
His five largest contributors were:
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$750|
|Kansas State Farm Insurance||$700|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "John + Grange + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- World leaders join singing crowds for Mandela memorial - fox4kc.com
- The Saga of Jack Dempsey's ?Loaded? Gloves: Part 1 - The Sweet Science
- ZZ TOP - Castanet.net
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - John Grange
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. John Grange Biography
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved July 4, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
Will Carpenter (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |