|U.S. House, Illinois, District 13th|
|Bachelor's||Washington University in St. Louis|
|Master's||Johns Hopkins University|
|Profession||Chief Financial Officer|
According to Hartman's website, his campaign themes included:
- Economy: "If everybody knows that everybody is in this together contributing, with both tax increases and spending cuts, we will return to fiscal health."
- Environment: "While burning natural gas seems like a reasonable intermediate fuel source, we will need to be very careful regarding the potential damage of hydraulic fracturing to underground water sources, and its advantages over burning coal have diminished somewhat in recent EPA reporting."
- Healthcare: "The health care provides have incentive to provide the best and most thorough procedures, believing they are looking out for our best interests, but also because they are paid a fee for service and want to make sure they cannot be accused of inadequate service."
Hartman lost to Republican Rodney Davis in the general election. Hartman ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 13th District. He was defeated by Rodney Davis (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 13 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 13, 2012 - John Hartman Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,400,451|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,383,024|
|Top contributors to John Hartman's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Hartman + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=John+Hartman+Illinois+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=John Hartman News Feed
- Illinoins State Board of Elections, Current Candidate Details, Accessed September 5, 2012
- Hartman 2012, "Issues," Accessed October 4, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "current Candidate list for the 13th district," Accessed September 5, 2012
- OpenSecrets "2012 Election" Accessed March 23, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |