Difference between revisions of "John Jones"
|Line 207:||Line 207:|
Revision as of 15:03, 15 December 2011
|Illinois State Senate District 54|
|2003 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1995 – 2003|
|High school||Mount Vernon Township High School (1958)|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1959 – 1963|
|Birthday||October 8, 1940|
|Place of birth||Broughton, Illinois|
Jones graduated with his High School Diploma from Mount Vernon Township High School in 1958. Jones is a retired trucking company owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jones has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jones served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Ranking Republican Member
- State Government and Veterans Affairs .
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Jones is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 54 in the 2012 election. Jones is running against Kyle McCarter, District 51 incumbent, in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 54 (2008)|
|John Jones (R)||63,944|
|Henry Kijonka (D)||27,337|
In 2008, Jones collected $206,931 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Educations Association||$31,653|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$15,077|
|Campbell Funeral Home||$9,225|
|Wood Energy Inc.||$6,500|
|Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois||$6,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$5,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$5,000|
|Central Illinois Public Service Co.||$3,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$2,750|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$2,500|
|Consumer Lending Alliance||$2,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$1,950|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$1,500|
Jones represents Illinois Senate District 54. District 54 includes the South Central Portion of Illinois including Carbondale where Southern Illinois University is located.
John is married to Mimi Jones. They have two children and reside in Mount Vernon, Illinois.
- Sen. Jones's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Jones on State Surge
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- WSIL TV, "Senator Jones and Senator Luetchefeld Face Off for New District 58," August 18, 2011
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Jones Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 54
| Succeeded by|