John Jones (Illinois)
|Illinois State Senate District 54|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Jones graduated with his High School Diploma from Mount Vernon Township High School in 1958. Jones is a retired trucking company owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jones has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jones served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Ranking Republican Member
- State Government and Veterans Affairs .
|Illinois State Senate, District 54 (2008)|
|John Jones (R)||63,944|
|Henry Kijonka (D)||27,337|
In 2008, Jones collected $206,931 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Educations Association||$31,653|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$15,077|
|Campbell Funeral Home||$9,225|
|Wood Energy Inc.||$6,500|
|Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois||$6,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$5,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$5,000|
|Central Illinois Public Service Co.||$3,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$2,750|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$2,500|
|Consumer Lending Alliance||$2,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$1,950|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$1,500|
Jones represents Illinois Senate District 54. District 54 includes the South Central Portion of Illinois including Carbondale where Southern Illinois University is located.
John is married to Mimi Jones. They have two children and reside in Mount Vernon, Illinois.
- Sen. Jones's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Jones on State Surge
- John Jones on Facebook
|Illinois Senate District 54
| Succeeded by|