m (Text replace - " BA " to " B.A. ")
m (Text replace - " MS in" to " M.S. in")
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
Klenke holds a B.A. in accounting and finance from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and an
Klenke holds a B.A. in accounting and finance from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and an in taxation from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Klenke is a retired executive of Schneider National trucking.<ref>[http://www.klenkefor88.com/about Klenke's campaign website - About]</ref>
Revision as of 03:16, 5 September 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 88|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Klenke holds a B.A. in accounting and finance from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and an M.S. in taxation from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Klenke is a retired executive of Schneider National trucking.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Klenke served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Utilities|
|• Joint Finance|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klenke served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy and Utilities, Vice Chair|
|• Jobs, the Economy and Small Business|
|• Tourism, Recreation and State Properties|
Klenke's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Fix the Budget Crisis" - Wants to eliminate the budget deficits, stop light rail project, stop raiding segregated funds, give tax incentives for business growth, use responsible budgeting practices.
- "Reduce Taxes" - Notes tax increases by the current administration and says he will fight against increases.
- "Bring Jobs back to Wisconsin" = Points out more people employed in government than in manufacturing. Wants to bring back jobs by supporting business growth and limiting government.
- "Practical Energy Policy" - Believe that inefficient practices waste energy.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Klenke won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 88. Klenke ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Ward Bacon (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Klenke Incumbent||52.4%||14,445|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88 General Election (2010)|
|John Klenke (R)||8,224|
|James Soletski (D)||7,957|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88 Republican Primary (2010)|
|John Klenke (R)||3,320||99.51%|
Comprehensive donor information for Klenke is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Klenke raised a total of $180,140 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|John Klenke's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88||$65,262|
|2010||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88||$114,878|
|Grand Total Raised||$180,140|
2012Klenke won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Klenke raised a total of $65,262.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Klenke's campaign in 2012|
|Weyers, Colleen I||$500|
|Kress, Donald F||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$65,262|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Klenke won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Klenke raised a total of $114,878.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John Klenke's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$114,878|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Klenke is married and has six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "John + Klenke + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Joint Finance decision on extending health insurance helps some, hurts others - 77Square.com
- Committee approves Governor's BadgerCare delay - WSAU
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- John Klenke on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- ↑ Klenke's campaign website - About
- ↑ Klenke's campaign website - Issues
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Klenke, John," accessed June 7, 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 88
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |