|Wisconsin State Assembly District 88|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Klenke is a retired executive of Schneider National trucking. He holds a BA in accounting and finance from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and an MS in taxation from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klenke has been appointed to these committees:
- Energy and Utilities Committee, Vice Chair
- Jobs, the Economy and Small Business Committee
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Klenke is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 88. Klenke ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Ward Bacon ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88 General Election (2010)|
|John Klenke (R)||8,224|
|James Soletski (D)||7,957|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88 Republican Primary (2010)|
|John Klenke (R)||3,320||99.51%|
Klenke lists four main issues for his campaign:
- "Fix the Budget Crisis" - Wants to eliminate the budget deficits, stop light rail project, stop raiding segregated funds, give tax incentives for business growth, use responsible budgeting practices.
- "Reduce Taxes" - Notes tax increases by the current administration and says he will fight against increases.
- "Bring Jobs back to Wisconsin" = Points out more people employed in government than in manufacturing. Wants to bring back jobs by supporting business growth and limiting government.
- "Practical Energy Policy" - Believe that inefficient practices waste energy.
In 2010, when Klenke first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $114,878 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Citizens for Mark Gottleib||$500|
|Tony Theisen for Assembly||$500|
|Friends & Neighbors of Robin Vos||$500|
|Tavern League of Wisconsin||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Klenke is married and has six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "John + Klenke + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- John Klenke on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Klenke's campaign website - About
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Klenke's campaign website - Issues
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, John Klenke candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |