|Wisconsin State Assembly District 88|
| Assumed office|
January 3, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 3, 2013
Klenke is a retired executive of Schneider National trucking. He holds a BA in accounting and finance from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and an MS in taxation from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klenke has been appointed to these committees:
- Energy and Utilities Committee, Vice Chair
- Jobs, the Economy and Small Business Committee
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88 General Election (2010)|
|John Klenke (R)||8,224|
|James Soletski (D)||7,957|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 88 Republican Primary (2010)|
|John Klenke (R)||3,320||99.51%|
Klenke lists four main issues for his campaign:
- "Fix the Budget Crisis" - Wants to eliminate the budget deficits, stop light rail project, stop raiding segregated funds, give tax incentives for business growth, use responsible budgeting practices.
- "Reduce Taxes" - Notes tax increases by the current administration and says he will fight against increases.
- "Bring Jobs back to Wisconsin" = Points out more people employed in government than in manufacturing. Wants to bring back jobs by supporting business growth and limiting government.
- "Practical Energy Policy" - Believe that inefficient practices waste energy.
In 2010, when Klenke first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $114,878 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Citizens for Mark Gottleib||$500|
|Tony Theisen for Assembly||$500|
|Friends & Neighbors of Robin Vos||$500|
|Tavern League of Wisconsin||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Klenke is married and has six children.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |