Difference between revisions of "John Koskinen"
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
Revision as of 15:32, 2 January 2014
|John A. Koskinen|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|November 12, 2017|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||August 1, 2013|
|Confirmed||December 20, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Deputy Mayor and City Administrator in Washington, D.C.|
|Assistant to the President and Chair of President's Council on Year 2000 Conversion|
|Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget|
|Master's||University of Cambridge|
|J.D.||Yale Law School|
|Birthday||July 30, 1939|
|Place of birth||Cleveland, OH|
He previously served as Director and Interim CEO at Freddie Mac as well as serving as Deputy Mayor of Washington, D.C. among other positions in the public and private sector.
- 1961: Graduated from Duke University
- 1964: Earned J.D. from Yale Law School
- 1965: Earned Master's degree from University of Cambridge
- 1994-1997: Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- 1998-2000: Assistant to the President and Chair of the Council on Year 2000 Conversion
- 2000-2003: Deputy Mayor and City Administrator of Washington, D.C.
- 2004-2008: President of the U.S. Soccer Foundation
- 2008-2011: Non-executive Chairman and Acting CEO of Freddie Mac
- 2013-Present: Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service
|John Koskinen Confirmation vote, December 20, 2013|
|Party||Votes for||Votes against||Total votes|
Koskinen is married with two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term John + Koskinen + IRS + Commissioner
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Accounting Today, "Senate Schedules Confirmation Hearing for New IRS Commissioner," December 3, 2013
- Politico, "John Koskinen tapped for worst job in D.C.," August 1, 2013
- Huffington Post, "John Koskinen Confirmed As Next IRS Commissioner By Senate," December 20, 2013
- Businessweek, "John A. Koskinen," accessed December 10, 2013
- NNDB, "John A. Koskinen," accessed December 10, 2013
- Forbes, "President Obama nominates John Koskinen as next IRS Commissioner," August 7, 2013
- GovTrack, "On the Nomination: John Koskinen," December 20, 2013