|Minnesota House of Representatives District 57A|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Service/branch||Army National Guard|
Kriesel currently works for a private firm as a marketing and advertising contractor to the MN Army National Guard. He is a retired member of the Minnesota Army National Guard. John enlisted in the Guard on his 17th birthday, and served for 10 years while maintaining a full time civilian job.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kriesel served on these committees:
- See also: Minnesota gubernatorial election, 2014
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 57A (2010)|
|Jen Peterson (DFL)||6,858||48.36%|
|John Kriesel (R)||7,310||51.54%|
In 2010, Kriesel raised $48,477 in contributions.
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Kriesel and his wife Katie have two children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Governing, "GOP Legislators to Watch," May 24, 2011
- Real Capitol Review, "Rep. Kriesel: “I would never rule out a run for governor,” November 27, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Karla Bigham (D)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 57A
| Succeeded by|
Tara Mack (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |