John L. Ewy
|John L. Ewy|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 117|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ewy's professional experience includes teaching at Dodge City Community College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ewy served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Ewy's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & Opportunity
- Excerpt:"John Ewy believes that we should foster a climate of economic opportunity for our businesses and families to prosper."
- Excerpt:"pending must be reformed to meet priorities efficiently and effectively, and we need to stop passing the bill to our kids and grandkids."
Energy & Agriculture
- Excerpt:"Farming, ranching, oil and gas are all pivotal to our special way of life in Western Kansas, and are a large part of the economic engines of our state. Growing these industries is critical to the future of Kansas."
Defending Our Families. Educating Our Kids.
- Excerpt:"Strong families, traditional values, and an education by involved parents and caring teachers are the keys to our children’s success – not government bureaucrats and mandates."
Ewy won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 117. He defeated Mitchell Rucker and John W. Unruh in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Dennis McKinney (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 117, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 117 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John L. Ewy||53.8%||2,386|
|John W. Unruh||15.4%||681|
Comprehensive donor information for Ewy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ewy raised a total of $19,726 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 24, 2013.
|John L. Ewy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 117||$19,726|
|Grand Total Raised||$19,726|
2012Ewy won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ewy raised a total of $19,726.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to John L. Ewy's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Republican Party||$2,022|
|Powell, Larry R||$1,000|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Kansas Marketing Services||$500|
|Road Map PAC Inc||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,726|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
John Ewy received a score of 54.0% in the 2013 index.
Ewy and his wife, Marsha, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "John + Ewy + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Ewy's Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "johnewyks," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Ewy, John L.," Accessed June 24, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Larry Powell (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 117
| Succeeded by|